Thursday, July 16, 2009

CSTD Ballet Examination

Event: CSTD Ballet Examination
Time: 4:30-5:15Pm
Date: 16/7/2009 (Thursday)
Venue: The Dance Academy (Kuching)

I went there at 2PM for my final last practice. This is my first time taking Ballet Exam as i used to sit for the Chinese Dance Examination since childhood. I skipped Ballet grade 1-5 actually. But i try my best to cope with them, who do ballet since they are young. I'm going to continue my ballet pre-major class, yeah,i aim to be the ballet performer. During the exam, the participants go into the exam hall as a pair. I pair with Pei Ling, we are the last group for today. The examination making scheme is divided into barre, center work I, center work II and dance. here are the syllubus:

CSTD Grade 6 Barre Work:
1-Rhythm Warm-Up
2-Plie Exercise
3-Battements Tendus (to stretch), Battements Glisses (to brush) and Grands Battements (to kick)
4-Ronds de Jambes (circular movement) a Terre (on the floor)
5-Petits Battements (small and sharp movement) and Battments Frappes (striking movement)
6-Developpe Exercise (unfolding movement)
7-Releve (Bounching movement) Exercise for Demi-pointe
8-Beaten (beating of the legs) Exercise at Barre
9-Exercise for head, shoulders and upper body placement

Center work I:
1-Port de Bras (movement of the arms)
2-Battements Tendus with temps lie (transfer of weight)
3-Pirouette exercise (turning on one leg)
4-Adage study 1
5-Adage study 2
(Adage-slow movement)

Center work II:
1-Allegro study1
2-Allegro study 2
3-Allegro study 3
(Allegro-fast movement)

Dance:
1-Free movement
2-Classical Ballet Dance-solo
3-National Dance-solo (i choose Mongolian dance at this section)
4-Curtsey

The barre work i did as well as usually in the class, should be no problems. The center work I, the pirouette i didn't do well, the first 2 turns is nice-looking but the other two turns i did lousily...i should sleep early last night. Piroutte sometime is depend on the semi-circular canal located inside human ears, this small little cute organ helps in body balancing.(go far from ballet already...haha). Hope the examiner likes my dance presentation. Allegro is the most energy-expensive part. First allegro i used too much energy,so i was lack of energy for the second and third allegro. I think i didn't scold well in the allegro part...sad,sad. My stamina is poor that cant stand for three allegro exercises. Last part, dance, the key point for candidate to win mark at this part is, imagine yourself is performing on the stage, not in front of the examiner. I, didn't dance as freely as usual, a bit nervous i guess. this is my first time...

Right now,i still continue my pre-major class at KCH, hope that i can find a dance school in KL who teach CSTD ballet syllubus, (RAD syllubus also accepted). i have no time to regret my past but keep practicing and dancing... Oh,feel sad that my partner,pei ling gonna give up ballet after grade 6. Anyway,result out next week. See if i have the chance to post the Australian examinar and my partner,hehe


Julie Teacher was helping me to tie my hair


Me and My partner,Pei Ling



Exam Paper

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do you have the dance music or a video for this syllabus? I need this desperately!